Pendraken Painting Competition open!
The Pendraken Painting Competition is back! After a couple of years off we thought that this is exactly what we all need during these strange times. Something to focus on while we're stuck in lockdowns, something to get that lead mountain whittled down, and somewhere to show off all of those figures you've been painting over the past 12 months! The 2021 Pendraken Painting Competition will open to entries on February 1st and will be running all the way through until the end of the month. The previous competitions were always a fantastic showcase for 10mm so we can't wait to see what you've got to offer this year.
Closing date for the competition will be midnight on Sunday 28th February and we'll then open up the voting threads for everyone to decide our winners.
The categories will be the same as previously:
Foot - Pre-20th C. - Max: 40 figures, on either a single base, multiple bases, or in a movement tray.
Foot - 20th C. - Max: 40 figures, on either a single base, multiple bases, or in a movement tray.
Mounted - Max: 20 figures, on either a single base, multiple bases, or in a movement tray.
Vehicle - Min: 1 / Max: 3 vehicles on or off bases.
Fantasy & Sci-Fi - Max: 40 figures, on either a single base, multiple bases, or in a movement tray.
Open - Single Base - Anything which doesn't fit into the other categories, with a max base size of 100x100mm. This could be a command base, a single figure, artillery base, etc.
Open - Army - Anything which is larger than the maximums in the other categories, so multiple units or a whole army.
If you're unsure which category to put your entry in, let us know what it is, and we'll point you in the right direction!
Rules - Please Read!
- Firstly, all figures must be Pendraken. Conversions are allowed, but only on our figures.
1. You must be a Forum member to enter, but other than that, everyone is welcome! We're hoping to have the manual registration opened up again in time for the competition, but please let us know if you'd like to join in advance.
2. You may enter as many times as you like but each entry is only allowed 2 images (except for the 'Army!' category, see below). We do not allow montage images anymore, just to keep a level playing field. You can however edit your two images into a single file for the sake of uploading/hosting them. The best way to add your images is through a separate photo hosting site, or a blog, but if you have any difficulty posting pics then let us know and we'll help you out.
3. The 'Open - Army!' category may have 5 photo's, as it's difficult to cover a whole army with just a single photo!
4. All entries must be your own work, and have not been entered into any online competitions before.
5. Entries should have been completed in the last 12 months, so we hope you've all been busy!
6. You can post WIP (work-in-progress) photos if you wish, but please create a new thread for these. You can also post extra photos of your work elsewhere on the Forum. These will not count towards your competition entry.
7. The winners will be decided by the Forum members, so once the closing deadline has passed, we'll put up a poll thread for each category where our members can vote on who they want to win. The polls will close 7 days later and the winners will be announced.
8. Competition threads will be created on the opening date, purely for your entries.
9. Pendraken may use your pics in future promo/marketing, catalogue covers or web pics. Entering gives your permission for your pics to be used.
And now the good bit, the prizes! The winners and runners-up in each category will now receive the following:
- The Winner of each category will receive £40 worth of Pendraken/Minibits credit!
- The Runner-Up of each category will receive £20 worth of Pendraken/Minibits credit!
We've also got some bonus prizes for each category, donated by some of the excellent companies in the industry:
Foot Pre-20th Century
A copy of the 'Pickett's Charge' ACW wargames rules from Too Fat Lardies / Dave Brown: https://toofatlardies.co.uk/product-category/reisswitz-press/
A copy of the 'General D'Armee' Napoleonic wargames rules from Too Fat Lardies / Dave Brown: https://toofatlardies.co.uk/product-category/reisswitz-press/
Foot 20th Century
A copy of the new 'O Group' WWII wargames rules from Too Fat Lardies / Dave Brown: https://toofatlardies.co.uk/product/o-group-complete-bundle-advanced-order/
£25 voucher from Battlescale: https://battlescale.com/
Fantasy & Sci-Fi
10mm Buildings from Warbases: https://warbases.co.uk/
Open - Single Base
Open - Army
£20 voucher off any fleece mat from Geek Villain: https://geekvillain.co.uk/
So, key points:
Competition opens - February 1st!
Closing deadline - Midnight, February 28th!
There's still time to order any extra figures you need, so get your orders in to us asap to make sure they arrive in good time!
And that should be it, if there's any questions, let us know!